Intro To Improv For Teens!
Image: The Nursery Theatre
About this event
The London Improv Theatre Training League (LITTL) in partnership with The Nursery is launching a four-week Introduction To Improv course for young people aged 14-18!
Running for four Saturdays from 10 March, these classes will introduce teens to the wonderful world of improv, developing the core principles of listening, accepting and celebrating mistakes, working as an ensemble, trusting your own ideas and having a ridiculous amount of fun.
The classes are a great way to make new friends, build confidence and learn to express creative ideas clearly and joyfully.
Whether they are a budding performer or someone who has never set foot on a stage, this course will bring out the creative genius within everyone.
Core syllabus includes:
- An introduction to the basic principles of improv (listening, accepting ideas, being bold and clear)
- Learning to trust creative instincts and not to judge ideas
- Creating interesting and fun imagined environments for scenes
- Creating a variety of unique characters
- Working as an ensemble and supporting each other's scenes
- Putting scenes together to make a whole show
This course next takes place over four Saturdays, 10th to 31st March from 11 AM - 1 PM at the Nursery Training Centre, Capital House, 42 Weston Street, SE1 3QD.
Cost is £125 or £100 if you register before 17th February. Payment plans and scholarships available.
Contact youth<at>thenurserytheatre.com for more information.
Note that course fees are non-refundable when paid.
Social media and info
VenueThe Nursery Training Centre
London SE1 3QD
£125 or £100 if booked before 17 February.
Payment plans and scholarships available.