4 Future Theatre Campaign
Tuesday 1 May 2018
Fundraising - Theatre organisations
4 Future Theatre Campaign auctions money-can't-buy prizes, including afternoon tea with Juliet Stevenson, and meet and greet with the Star of Hamilton, Jamael Westman. Time to get your bids in!
Image: 4 Future Theatre Campaign
London theatre companies Border Crossings, Boundless Theatre, CASA Festival, ice&fire and Tamasha are joining forces to raise funds for theatre projects that celebrate diverse talent and champion human rights, cultural cohesion and equality.
Starting today and running until 14 May, the companies are encouraging members of the public to bid online for money-can't-buy prizes.
The online auction opens today at midday and closes on Monday 14th May.
Visit the website for the full list of auction prizes and to get bidding online.
Money raised will be split evenly between the companies and will support commissioning the best new artistic talent from diverse backgrounds and giving a platform to the voices and stories of people in the UK who have been ignored, silenced or marginalised.
The campaign will culminate in an exclusive event at Peruvian Chef Martin Morales' restaurant, Ceviche, Old St on 14 May and feature performances and speakers including: Dan Gillespie Sells, composer of 5* Olivier award nominated musical Everybody's Talking About Jamie and Ugandan sportswoman Margaret Nankarbirwa, who fled her home country due to persecution because of her sexuality.
Hamilton Star Jamael Westman said ...
"I'm supporting this campaign because I believe we must strive to give a platform to every voice, including the voices of young, ignored, silenced and marginalized people, in our greatest collective effort to fully understand and shape 'our story' as a diverse society for the better."
Other campaign Ambassadors include; celebrated Actor Ella Purnell, Krupa Pattani (Hollyoaks), Kiran Sonia Sawar (Black Mirror), BAFTA winning writer Asif Khan, Latin American Physical Theatre Performer Miguel Hernando Torres Umba and Mauritian Actor David Furlong.
Valerie Synmoie, Executive Director of Tamasha said ...
"We are all committed to working together to create a more inclusive, representative future for theatre and have a long track record of promoting and celebrating the best artistic talent that is reflective of multi-cultural Britain within a globalized world.
By joining forces in this way, we have a much greater voice.
We are really excited to be part of this campaign".
The theatre companies are linked by their commitment to celebrating diversity in the arts and collectively represent some of the most distinctive socially engaged theatre companies in the UK today.
In an average year they collectively reach 26,000+ audience members.
They have supported the careers of thousands of artists from diverse backgrounds and have just shy of 100 years' collective experience developing diverse new theatre projects.
Other auction prizes include:
- A Four Night Stay In A Luxury Apartment in Nice For Four People
- Vocal Training For 5 With (RSC) Vocal Coach Anne Mcsweeny
- Week Stay In Cornwall Cottage For Six
- Bespoke Interior Design From 2LG
- A team day for 8 With RADA in Business at RADA to play, Create And Learn Presentation And Impact Skills.
- Two Tickets To Birmingham Royal Ballet's Romeo & Juliet At Sadler's Wells Theatre And A Backstage Tour
- Be A Muse, Photo Shoot Experience
- Consultation and Bespoke Earrings Made By Jewellery Designer Clara Breen
- Berry Bros. Tour Of The London Cellars Followed By A Tasting For Four People
- Golf at Wisley For Three
- A Personal Guided Tour, For Up To 5 People, Of One Of The Centerpieces Of London Theatre History, The Old Vic, By The Man Who Knows It Best - Ned!
- Two Tickets To Taylor Swift's reputation Concert
- Tanya Moodie's Secret Recipe
- EA Games Bundle Plus Two Tickets To Football TBC CG chaseing
- Two Top Priced Tickets to Dreamgirls
- Be In An ice&fire Performance
- Signed Program By The Cast And Original Cast Recording CD Of The Songs From The Girl From The North Country
- Brunch For 10 At Culcutta Street And Bottomless Fizz
- Two Tickets To London Design Biennale, Including A Curated And Guided Tour With The Managing Director, Sumi Ghose.
- The Ultimate Circus Experience For Four
- Exclusive VIP Passport For You And Your Guest To All Of The Campaign Partners Press Nights For One Year
Time to get bidding!